Monday, January 10, 2011

This is Thursday Jan.13,,,

Now my computer is really annoying.. I have Favorites where all I have to do is click on it and then I can click on my blog and ta da it comes right up.. Everything else works but this one doesn't budge.. So now I have to google annieptigger.blogsot.com and then I have to sign into my blog each time . Annoying and then some.. Called my friend,Jeff who fixes my computer and
he said bring me the tower and I'll take care of it for you.. Last time it took him 2 months to fix it.. HE works full time at Rockwell Collins and he loves geocaching. BUT he doesn't charge me.. Last time I got him a gas gift card and a gift card to his favorite restaurant and one to Dairy Queen.. He won't take money and I feel if I had a Best Buy Geek fix it for me it would cost a lot more than these gift cards.. Jeff is always happy for the gift cards... He's a great guy..
Yesterday I finally got the Christmas tree down.. Didn't take long.. Everything is back in the plastic tubs and that room is back in order.. Looks pretty bare in there now..Have to get Ben's train table set back up where it was and get his area ready for him when he comes again. I rearranged my living room and made it so our chairs look out towards the windows and I moved the TV to the other side of the room . Plus Dave where he was sitting could see into the kitchen and watch me fix a meal.. He would supervise me in fixing the meals, a regular movie director.. So I decided he needed his chair moved to the corner so he couldn't see me.. (it's much better now)... It's so nice now I can see my birds come to the feeders outside our picture window and we can also see the TV.. Have been making slippers for my daughter and her hubby and listening to my Ipod. (if I could put pictures on here I could show you) Found a wonderful podcast with Knitpicks.... plus knit picks has a great website for knitters or crocheters.
This morning Dave and I are going out to breakfast and then get groceries.. Eating breakfast out is my favorite meal to do this. Guess I best get dressed and get ready..

Was reading my devotion this morning and this is so true..:
Here are three rules for living: (1) Learn to control the climate around you. Negativity is contagious; look out for it's "carriers." Love them , lift them, but don't let them infect you.. Filter what people say to you through God's Word. "God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power (ability and a can-do attitude) and of love (which always looks for the best) and of a sound mind (which is stable and consistent) 2timothy 1:7 .

(2). Learn to laugh at yourself... A woman who'd been given a lovely plant took it home, watered it, fertilized it and set it in the sun.. A year later she discovered it was silk--and she still laughs about it.. When you're secure in God's love and approval you can laugh at yourself; it's a mark of spiritual maturity.. (3) Learn to factor God in. Ever hear of the 90/10 rule? When 90% of the circumstances are uncontrollable, focus on the 10% you can do something about.. Paul did that. "We were troubled on every side; without were fightings, within were fears.. Nevertheless God"

(2Co 7:5-6 ) Note the words, "Nevertheless God." When you're facing a mountain always remember : God can move it, He can level it, He can tunnel through it, or He can help you climb it.. All you have to do is factor Him in by seeking His face and consulting His Word." Let the words of Christ, in all their richness, live in your hearts and make you wise".. (Col 3:16. Keep a rich deposit on Scripture within you and draw on it daily...

Have a tiggeriffic day~! ta ta for now from Iowa... annieptigger@aol.com

2 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

My friend that helps me out computer - wise works for dinner. He's not much of a cook, so I'll invite him over for a homecooked meal and he'll stick around for a movie usually and fix my computer issues. He's awesome that way, and I always send him home with the leftovers plus extra dessert :-)

I like the part in your devotion about negativity carriers.

Nancy said...

For what it's worth, Firefox has been dealing me fits lately. It is really irritating. Hope you get yours back and running soon. :)