Monday, January 03, 2011

Here I go again~!

This morning after my 2710 steps of walking which is over 1 mile I got me a cup of hot coffee.. It tasted so good. I really felt good after that walk in the cool temperatures..
I went on the geocaching web site to record my finds from yesterday and oh my goodness I saw that a brand new cache had been placed at the Grant Wood Trail... Yikes~! I called Holly and said "Hey you want to go geocaching there is a brand new cache and if we get there quick we could be First to Find.." Big deal in the geocaching world.. She homeschools her 2 children and said we have school work to do before we get to have fun.. I said No problem I'll go to the bank and before I leave I need to get my gps loaded and things ready to go.. It was 3 p.m. before I got to her house.. The kids were so excited. Holly couldn't go but her husband, Fred said he could go and the two kids..Caryn and Nathan... plus the neighbor boy Jacob.. so off we went..
We walked to the cache right away and I couldn't believe it>>> We were first to find.. So they decided that Caryn should sign the log sheet first since she was the youngest.. (9)..
In this picture of me you see over my right shoulder is where the cache was hidden;. The big tree ... It had a big ammunition box in the crack of the tree with lots of sticks on top.. You know that is where it is hidden because mother nature would never stack her sticks that way. The kids were so excited~! they were jumping up and down...


Here is Fred standing and the tree where we found the cache, is on his left.. as you are looking at Fred.




Here is Nathan beaming. He is 12 years old.. I love it when children get so excited about geocaching..

Here is Caryn, age 9.. She was the designated person to have the First To Find for this cache. She was really happy~!
Now the grand total of walking today was 4,574 steps... According to my Ipod pedometer I burned 229 calories walking today... Yeah.. My blood sugar should look good in the morning and hopefully the scales will show I lost something.. O.K. Varunner what do you think of this~!
Geocaching is a great way to get exercise and I'm tellin ya,,,you walk and walk and walk. But like Fred says there is something to find while you are walking..
It was a tiggeriffic day~! ta ta for now from Iowa... It was 30 degrees while we were out walking this afternoon...Pretty nice...

9 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh What Fun!!!!
Thanks for taking us with you:)

Nancy said...

I think you may have just created the "Tiggerific GPS Geocaching Weight Loss Program." Better get it patented quick!

Laura~peach~ said...

ok that is really cool and sounds so fun!

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

That sounds so fun! We still need to get out with ours. I can't believe we've had it since October and haven't been out with it a single time yet. Boo.

TexWisGirl said...

That's so cool that you made those kids' day in being first to find treasure. :) And you got them (and yourself) back outdoors again.

JSpeas said...

Looks like a fun day.

Joy Tilton said...

Such a great idea and they say we burn even more calories in cold weather. I just gave my pedometer to my grandson to keep track of his steps, a school project. Never too young to learn how important exercise is in our lives. Use it or lose it Dr OZ says!

Carolina Trekker said...

Awesome Possum!! That had to be a blast Geocaching in the snow with your best friends and a "1st Find" for Karen...woo hoo!!!

Linda said...

This is great. I am so glad you invitted me to visit the site. Way Cool!!!