Thursday, January 20, 2011

Nothing runs like a Deere....

Yesterday was a pretty nice day considering it's still a cold day. After Dave came home from the work out center he got out our brand new John Deere snow blower.. Actually it's a year old but because the neighbors have always plowed us out we haven't had to use it much. The boys across the road are in high school now and playing basketball and their schedules are pretty busy.. So ~ it's a good thing we have this machine. Dave looks pretty good behind that mean machine ~ don't ya think?
He is in front of the our pole building getting the big snow drift that was in front of the doors.. That snow blower really gets the snow moving and out of the area...
I am so glad we have this snow blower.. It does the job and it's not hard to use, which I won't be learning how to do..
I know it won't be hard to learn,, just get out the instruction manual and da ta,,,it will tell me what to do..


Well, now that he is finished he looks pretty snowy. He got the whole driveway and even in front of the mailbox.. That part is so important..that the mail lady can get to your mailbox easily.
I DO want my mail delivered to my house.. If you don't have your mailbox area cleared of snow ~ the mail person won't deliver.

I'm so happy ~ the orchid that Maria had gotten me couple years ago for my birthday is getting ready to bloom.. When I received this plant it had 6 blooms.. I have babied this thing and have done everything possible to get it to bloom.. The neighbor lady, Sharon has several orchids and she told me what I needed to do.. Thanks Sharon~! I have success.. I can hardly wait until it's in full bloom.. I'll post that picture then..
Ben is with his Dad for a few days.. So I won't be seeing him until next Monday.. I'll pick him up at daycare and bring him to his Mom's house.. Tracie said he got in trouble on Tuesday,,,at daycare. He picked up the hamster by it's tail... had to have a time out.. She said when she picked him up he was so excited to see her that he walked across the table to get to her.. and gave her a big hug and said "Let's go home MaMa"...She said as they were walking out of the room he was holding Nibbles in the air by the tail.. and he did that all the way to the car.. Silly boy~!
Mr. Rooster is here at the feeder..This morning when I got up I went out and made sure there was plenty of cracked corn and black oil sunflowers in the feeders.. Glad I did,,this boy is very hungry.. It was -3 this morning so I didn't dilly dally.. I really like it when we get snow~ at least it warms up into the 20's..
Last night I decided I needed to walk ~ So I moved the kitchen table into the center of the room and I walked for 25 minutes...from the living room into the kitchen back to the living room.. figure 8.. We have two living rooms so I have a large area to walk. I felt pretty good after my walk.. I decided since it's so cold outside I would start doing this daily until the weather gets warm enough to go back outside.. I have also been doing some Tai Chi exercises.. I also take gallon jugs of water and lift them for strength exercises. A sedentary lifestyle is dangerous for your health plus I can't lose weight sitting in a chair or help my diabetes..
Learning how to knit my 2nd mitten with double pointed needles. That way I don't have to sew up a seam... Goodness to be there is a method in using those needles. It feels really awkward.. Going to my quilting/sewing group of ladies tonight and I'll get some pointers from them on how to work those 5 pointed needles.
Have a tiggeriffic day~! ta ta for now from Iowa.... It's warmed up to 11 right now.. It's 10a.m.
I love all the seasons and with each day it's a new adventure...

8 comments:

TexWisGirl said...

That snow blower is a must for your area! :)

Keep up the good work walking! I need to get out and do more of that myself!

Laura~peach~ said...

I love deere's but thankfully do not want or need one of those :)
cool idea walking inside...
hope you have an awesome day!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

I've always wanted a John Deere! ANd moving on to the Orchid...& Sharon & how/what she told you...tell me please. I received an Orchid as a gift and haven't a clue what to do with the darn thing!!! Double knitting needless?!?!? I'm still working on the hat pattern!!!...:)JP

acorn hollow said...

In the winter I put on yak trac's and walk so I don't slip. even though it is cold it is good to get out in the sun helps with the winter blahs thank you for following along. and your wonderful comment.
cathy

Nancy said...

Your husband looked mighty cold after working outside in the snow. Poor dear! :)

Good for you Annie and your walking. It was really cold here too and I didn't stay out long either.

Good luck with the knitting. I'll be anxious to see your finished products. Have a great evening.

JSpeas said...

Nice pictures of Dad. Mark has been out snow blowing also. We are suppose to get six inches of snow tonight. Not sure were it will all fit. Keep up the good work walking.

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

I had to chuckle about the hamster...But it's great you have a snowblower to make it easier to get that snow out of the way quickly and easily and maybe do some walking outside?? ;-)))

Joy Tilton said...

A snowblower is such a great idea, won't work here though :-( our driveway is straight up a mountain...or down a mountain if you're coming home! Know what you mean about the orchids, they are hard to get blooming again, so beautiful though. Good for you walking, I am a slug in the winter and I know I shouldn't set so much! Hope you have a good weekend, stay warm!