Friday, January 28, 2011

Behind everything you do~~there's a thought~!

Good Morning ~! It's 29 degrees and it's going to be a nice day.. Cloudy ~ that means no sunshine today.. SOOOO guess when I go out today I'll have to be the sunshine...There are so many people so tired of the cold and the snow ~ in reality what can one do? Nothing...accept the fact that we are in for a few more snow storms until Spring actually arrives.. When you see the Red-Wing Blackbird in our area you will know that Spring has officially arrived.. My brother that lives in South Carolina called me the other day to tell me that he had a whole flock of Robins and Red-Winged Blackbirds in his back yard.. He said he has never seen so many birds..(He used to live in Miami Florida). I told him well, that is a good sign that spring has landed in his area and in a couple months it will be here... Get out your seed catalogs everyone and start planning on what you want in your gardens this year. Winter is almost over, we just have to be patient and wait for all this too pass.. Somewhere in the bible it says "And this too shall pass".. this is not forever and Spring will get here along with Summer and the rest of the seasons..


These orchids are so beautiful~! These pictures do not do them justice. On Thursday I go to neighbor's house and other girls from the neighborhood come and we have tea and work on our different projects. knitting, quilting, sewing quilts together, one gal is teaching her 9 year old girl how to sew and she is making a really cute skirt, . Sharon has such a wonderful house ~ Lots of windows ~ lots of light and lots of flowers blooming in the south window.. She always makes us feel welcome and it's a happy place to go ~! This is the highlight of my week to go to Sharon's house (except for Sundays when I go to church) ...Lots of sunshine here with girls laughing, encouraging each other and just relaxing~!
Outside of this window in the day time you can see all different kinds of colorful birds at the bird feeders. If you are having a hard time with handling winter this is the place to go.. Lots of talking and sharing, lots of color with the flowers and she has this cat that humors us ~ Sinbad likes to grab your yarn or jump into your bag. He is very playful and is just a really nice cat.. I love Sinbad~!




Talked with Holly and Jackie this morning on Holly's speaker phone. Jackie is the gal that we have been helping . Jackie told me that she has accepted Christ into her life.. She said she is serious about changing her life and she is going to change how she thinks.
In our daily devotion that is what it says: It says this kind of thinking is not easy and it doesn't happen instantly.. Picture yourself in a boat with the automatic pilot set to go in a certain direction, then you suddenly decided to go somewhere else. You have two options:
1-Willpower . Grab the wheel and force it to go where you want; by sheer will power, overcome the autopilot. But you'll feel constant resistance. your arms will get tired, and when you let go of the wheel, guess what? The boat will go the way it's programmed to go.. Getting the idea? That's what happens when we try to change our lives through willpower: Your willpower can only produce short-term change, but it creates constant stress because you haven't dealt with the root cause and reprogrammed your mind. The change doesn't feel natural so eventually you give up, revert to your old patterns and say, "I guess this is just the way I am. I'll never change.
2~ God's power . There is a better way~The Bible says: "let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think." Change always begins in your mind~! The way you think determines the way you feel, and the way you feel determines the way you act. You say, "How can I change the way I think? " By programming you mind each day with God's Word. "How can a ...man cleanse his way? By taking heed according to You word"...Ps. 119:9
I really like this devotional book because somedays the devotion for the day hits the nail on the head in what is happening in my life.
Have a tiggeriffic day~!~! Ta Ta For Now from Iowa..

There is a fellow blooger I follow called ~ Silence is Broken two,too,to ~ In her blog yesterday she was writing that she found this wonderful book; Boundaries when to say yes when to say no. To take control of your life. written by Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend.. It sounds like a really good book to read...you can go to her blog and read what she has to say about this book...


8 comments:

My Mad World said...

Beautiful pictures Annie! Sounds like a nice Thursday. Would love to join you!! Wishing I could send some of our nice weather to you today. It's already 60 but it won't be sticking around...

Nice that you are helping out your friend. Changing the way you think is sometimes the hardest thing to do, best way to do it is just pray about it and stop fighting it! lol As you can tell I am telling myself that!

Praying for you and your friend, that God continues to give you the wisdom to show her His words and that He will give her the strength she needs on this new and amazing journey! There is nothing like it!!!

Hope you have a great day and a blessed weekend!!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Annie, it amazes me how much we are alike! God has always been in my life which I am grateful for. Then, a few years ago, I learned from my best friend to "set boundaries" and it really does help!...:)JP

Lynda said...

Love your orchids. Very nice post.

Laura~peach~ said...

sweet :) thanks for mentioning my blog :) and i have yet to see many robins... but soon i hope your brother is not that far from me:0)
I like the shampoo... on my hair! LOL.
thank you again!

DeniseinVA said...

A lovely newsy post and gorgeous photographs. Thanks Annie and thank you so much for the useful tips on when the electricity goes out. I used to be so organized but now have a stronger resolve to be so again.

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Setting boundaries is a tricky thing. But it's the healthy way to go!

Tracy said...

Those are beautiful photos Annie, and I really enjoyed hearing about Jackie and the strong desire to turn her life around. That's where change begins and I applaud you for being her advocate and willing to walk beside her.
Good for you and have a great weekend!

Nancy said...

I've been tinkering with the idea of getting a couple of orchids in late spring -- yours are just beautiful!