Saturday, January 29, 2011

Going sled riding today~! WHEE~! hang on baby~!


Yesterday I picked up Ben at daycare and he was so happy to see me. What a boy~! He told his teacher, Kaylee "There's my favorite person".. Kaylee looked at me and smiled and I told her that is what Ben calls me.. and of course I tell him he is my favorite person. Kaylee thought this was great~!.. She says she remembers her Grandma as a great person and has wonderful memories of all the things her grandma did with her.
This is a old picture because I didn't have anything new to post.. It shows Ben as a happy boy, he is so happy with his Thomas the Train. He doesn't play with his Thomas the Train anymore, which is kind of sad.. He is 4 now and has moved onto Mario and Luigi and his John Deere Tractors and equipment with a barn.. Tracie said last night, maybe we should put Thomas the Train all away and when spring comes bring it all back out. But the barn and all the farm animals, tractors, and the equipment put them on the train table for now.. I said 'That was a good idea.." When the kids were little I would do that very thing.. Box up 1/2 there toys and twice a year change them. It was like Christmas , they thought they had new toys.. So today we are going to do that very thing.. I have a big tub here to put everything into and we can get things set up for Ben.. I'll have to remember to put it in the car so I'll have it when I go over to her house.
BUT first we are going to a geocaching event that is going to be held in Central City..at Pinicon Ridge Park.. It's going to be held at Woodpecker Lodge where there is a big huge sledding hill.. Tracie is going to take her sled and put Ben's snow pants and all the other outside clothes that one has to put on to keep warm.. and take Ben sled riding.. I told her I would drive the car to the bottom of the hill where there is a road and when she got there with Ben I would drive them back up the hill (via the road ) so they could go again.. This is a big hill and would be hard to pull him back up . At this event we will have lunch first.. It's a potluck and there will be good food for all. I'll take my camera and take pictures. Ben is all excited to go~!
In my bible devotion this morning it was about "What will your "life sentence" be? Our lives are our greatest legacy and we only get to have one life, so make it count. Leave a legacy of excellence, encouragement, purpose and Love.. My mom passed away 43 years ago ...I don't recall her faults or mistakes or the disagreements we had (which were few). After all who's perfect? What I remember...was her love...She gave me a legacy of love they'll embrace generations to come... My Mom and Dad were so in love throughout their marriage and they taught us kids to love each other and to serve other people with love.and to love God with all our hearts, minds and souls. Guess I'm passing it on to others and to my children and grandchildren.. Love is something that calms the spirit and with God all things are possible..
Have a tiggeriffic day~!~! Ta Ta For Now...from Iowa :)

7 comments:

Joy Tilton said...

We have wonderful relationships with each of our grandsons, built from many, many sleepovers at nana and papas! My grandparents, aunts and uncles all had a huge part in my upbringing, they wanted to be a part of my life. I feel sad that many miss out on this most important part of life. Have a great weekend!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Annie, you are so right. Love can do anything!...:)JP

TexWisGirl said...

Love that photo. Gleeful boy. Glad you're keeping your legacy going!

Laura~peach~ said...

if you get to the point of wanting to sell old toys let me know bradley is not quite two and I rotate toys as well...

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

What a great photo and post with a great message too!!

Nancy said...

How fun! Ben is such a cute little gentleman. :)

Lynda said...

Geo-cacheing...how fun! And then a pot-luck: yummy...and time with the grand baby...lucky boy.