Friday, July 01, 2011

Hot and Humid~!

Begging for warmer weather and plenty of sunshine.. Well, one has to be careful what they wish for. We have 80 degrees this morning and it's only 7:30. Went out this morning and fed my birds, cleaned out the bird baths and got them all filled.. Now to make some hummingbird feed.. Their feeders were pretty cloudy this morning. So that is on the stove heating up.

We are headed to Big Rapids, Michigan to visit our daughter, Jodie over the 4th of July.. She lives on a big river and it's just wonderful to sit by the water and enjoy the scenery. Tracie and Ben are going with us.. Ben is so excited..The count down is finally arrived.. Even Rocco gets to go with us.. Dave's not too excited about that , you can't leave the dog at home by himself can you...? The answer would be definitly not..I'm all packed and ready to go.. Waiting for Dave to get his things packed . I have him pack his own stuff, just easier that way he doesn't forget anything. I have my book packed , Shanghai girls written by Lisa See. What a great book..
My gps for geocaching, my daily devotions and I'm set.. Oh and I have my camera. I can't leave the house without my camera. With son, Rich and Lisa and their 4 kids there will be lots of pictures to be taken..

Have been so busy with weeding the vegetable garden and the flower garden.. I went over to Tracie's house last night and got her gardens all cleaned and watered. I think I'm ready to go away for a few days..

I'm taking this lap top with me so I can sit and write on my blog while I'm gone. I'm planning on relaxing and having a good time with my family.
Must get busy and pack the car.. Have a great 4th of July...be careful and BE Safe~!
Have a Blessed Day~! ta ta for now from Iowa:)

5 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Have a great trip!

I have Shanghai Girls but haven't read it yet. but I LOVED Snow Flower and the Secret Fan!

Jill said...

Sounds like the perfect getaway. Glad you are enjoying Shanghai Girls. ;) Happy 4th!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Have a safe trip, Annie! I know you'll have tons to share with us when you return!...:)JP

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

Have a wonderful, safe and enjoyable trip!!

gld said...

Have a wonderful time!