Saturday, September 15, 2012

Hiss ~Hiss~ Honk ~ Honk~!~!

 These pictures are a little dark.. They are pictures of four geese.. Every Thursday evening I go to the neighbors house to meet with some ladies that like to sew. They bring all kind of projects and work on them while we are there.. It's a great evening of sharing , laughing and fellowship.. Sharon who has this sewing group at her house has lots of animals.. Geese, Turkeys, Guinnea's, horses, cows and lots of cats and 3 big dogs.
I'm working on a rug (locker hooking rug).  Sometimes I knit .  Sharon serves tea and usually makes something really delicious.. So far I just love her lemon cake.. Yum Yum~!
When I left last Thursday evening ~ these 4 geese were laying on the dogs pillows on Sharon's porch..  I just laughed because the dogs were trying to go to bed for the night and the geese wouldn't give up the pillows.. I got out my phone and started taking pictures.. Didn't take them long to get up off their pillows and start hissing and honking at me.. I went in and got the girls and told them they needed to come out and take a look..  It was fun to watch them.. Sharon has them all named and she was talking to them.. Ha Ha..~!
This morning the sun is coming up brightly and you can see the shadows of the hummingbirds fighting over the bowl of grape jelly I have set out for the Orioles. Boy they are just swarming all around above that bowl.. I have 3 hummers this year. I didn't know they liked grape jelly.  Won't be long and the Orioles will be migrating along with these hummers.   It's fun this morning to watch them try and get to the bowl that has the jelly.
Going to be a easy Saturday today.. Have to get a few groceries and then the rest of the day is to do whatever I want. Was busy this week volunteering at the school with the 2nd graders. 3 days this week.  They are so much fun to help with their spelling and math. Plus I get to go down the hall and peek into Ben's Kindergarden class and see how he is doing. I can see him but he can't see me.. He was coloring retangles and squares when I saw him last..
Have a great day~! ta ta for now from Iowa:)

3 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Those geese are so funny!

I never knew that about grape jelly either, but it makes sense.

JSpeas said...

Those geese are too funny. They look like they are asking to come in and knit their own sweater. Hopefully the dogs were able to go to bed after you all left and there was nothing more for the geese to gawk at.

Jeannelle said...

Good job catching this cute scene!