Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Waiting and getting ready for the big blizzard.


Couple weeks ago this is what the feeders and the outside looked like.. The birds have been grazing at the bird feeders all morning.. You can always tell when a big storm is coming. The birds start gulping the food.. I'd open the shed door for them to go into to get out of the storm but not thinking that Hubby would be very happy about that idea. This is suppose to be the snow storm of the century.. I was going to go to Illinois for 5 days to help my son get some more things organized in his house. But they are suppose to get 24 inches of snow with a mix of ice. He lives 4 hours east of me.. He called me this morning and warned me about not coming.. He said "Come next Wednesday mom,, and stay for 5 days.. Feb. 11 there is a Mercy Concert near here and we can go to that with the kids and his fiance, Lisa. We have a busy time with birthdays in Feb.. Mine is on the 5th,, grandaughter Hannah's on the 6th.. our anniversary is on the 11th (50 years this year) Rich's birthday in on the 12th and his daughter, Kelly's birthday is on the 13th. Grandson,Olin's birthday is on the 14th. and daughter-in-law's birthday is on the 27th.. It's a fun filled two weeks of birthdays and 1 anniversary.. So next Wednesday if weather is good I'll go over to his house..
And then on the 26th Feb. be there for his wedding, to Lisa.. I can hardly wait for this to happen.. Lisa is such a wonderful girl...
Going to pick up Ben at noon today. Take him to his house. I have a craft activity for Valentines that I saw on one of my bloggers today.. So I have the tissue paper ready, the construction paper and glue stick packed and ready to do when we get to his house. I also thought it would be fun to make sugar cookies. Heart ones of course..
I'm ready for this big storm that is coming. Just don't want the electric to go off.. But if it does I have the bathtub filled to flush the stoll, I have 9 gallons of water downstairs to use for drinking or washing our hands. Dave made a big pot of chilli , the candles are ready and blankets ready to cover up with. Knitting project packed, good book packed, I'm planning on staying the night at Tracie's house so she can study for her big test on Thursday. I'll help her with Ben. Cell phone is charged up along with my ipod.. I love the anticipation ~! The what-if's to prepare one with is just right up my alley. I was a Girl Scout when I was younger and 'Being Prepared " is still my motto..

The wind is picking up and I can see the snow drifting over the road... School cancellations are being posted on the bottom of the screen of the TV.. Dave just told me.. So guess I best get the car packed and ready to go get Ben at daycare.. Dave will be as snug as a bug here at the house..

He has his TV,,,his newest addition John Deere magazine and a good book to read.

You all have a tiggeriific day~! Be Careful if you are out and about in this weather..~!

Ta Ta For Now from Anne in Iowa

9 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Sounds like you're all prepared - hope it's not as bad as all that. Whatcha reading?

Lynda said...

Well, you're ready! Stay bundled up and warm! Be safe.

TexWisGirl said...

Oh I could use a big pot of chili right now! It's frigid cold for us in Texas and the wind is BRRRisk!!!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

I was a Girl Scout too!!! And it never hurts to be prepared...especially if there's a chance of power outage, Annie! It sounds like you will have a wonderful time with all those events going on. I'm sure you'll come home with oodles of excitement!...:)JP

Laura~peach~ said...

happy birthdays and anniversary!!!
glad you are prepared as it looks like its going to be a bad mess...
HUGS from the not so warm south!

Nancy said...

Same story here, Annie. Got the wood stove going and am nice and warm. Have a great day with Ben!

Tracy said...

Yep, same story in Ohio where my om lives...I certainly hope you all are safe! Stay inside and take good care!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

The storm is going to totally miss us here in Virginia--RATS!! :-) Good for you for being ready for it--Enjoy and stay safe and take lots of pictures if you can!!

gld said...

Sounds like you have things under control.

We ended up with around 15 inches and deeper drifts. No power outages anywhere which is a very good thing!

Enjoy your time with Ben.