Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Spectactular Sunset~!

Started another project today. I have wanted to learn how to draw ~ so today I got out all my supplies and got started.. This is my daughter ~Jodie and she is holding grandson Ben. So far I have Jodie's arm drawn and part of her shirt and Ben's arm.. We'll see how it goes. While in Pa. my husband's niece ~ Nora gave me a few pointers on what to do and now it's just doing it.. I also bought this book at Hobby Lobby called Complete book of Drawing. That should help me a lot. I'll post it when I'm finished.. It should be a fun project. I have never tried drawing before and have always wanted to do this.. So here it goes~!

This evening while over to Tracie's house the sun was setting.. It was spectactular~! I only had my phone to take the picture. Wish I would of had my good camera. But the moment was there and I didn't want to miss it. The sun was so bright it almost made the sky look like it was on fire. Going to be foggy tomorrow morning . Probably delay of schools for the area.
The corn is gone now and the field looks so bare. The farmers in the area are out in full swing getting the crops harvested. It's that time of year. The air smells of corn being combined, and of dirt. I love fall, the air has such a crisp fresh smell and no humidity.. That in itself is great~! It was good to finally turn off the AC. open the windows and let the fresh air come into the house.
I am reading John C. Maxell book called Encouragement ~ Changes everything. On this one page it says Life ia a great obstacle course, with bends and turns, wins and losses. When you get to the high jump, always remember to throw your heart over the bar---and the rest will follow.. Michele Leonard wrote this.. I have to chuckle.. when I throw my heart over the bar and the rest will follow,,Kerplunk~!~!

4 comments:

jp@A Green Ridge said...

Annie, so glad to see/hear you again! I missed you while you were away! Makes sense to me...throwing your heart first...that's all there is...:)JP

JSpeas said...

Wow, great sunset! Good luck with the drawing - remember to tell that little voice to be quiet.

Dawn said...

Beautiful Sunset!!!
Thanks for stopping by my blog to name the Horse Photo:))
Wishing you a happy weekend!
dawn:)

Patrick Russell Ray said...

That sunset is amazing, oh my goodness.