Wednesday, November 27, 2013

The weather outside is frightful~!

This was on Monday and we had our first snow and ice.. People forgot how to drive and it was accident after accident.. Body shops will be busy for quite awhile..  and Car Dealers busy with people having to buy a new vehicle.. That will help their pocket books..
     This morning it's 9 degrees and very sunny.  No school for the kiddies and Ben's in daycare right now.. I'm going to pick him up at 3 today..He wants to play Monopoly.. We have been playing an ongoing game for 3 days now.. I just set it up and when it's time to quit we just leave the game and come back to it later.. That is the only way to play monopoly..  HE is winning so he doesn't want the game to be put away..:)  
     We are going to Barrington, Illinois to my son's house for Thanksgiving.  So this morning I have 3 pies to make.. I love making pies so I always get to bring pies when we all get together.. Need to get packed and ready to leave at 7 in the morning.. I want to get everything done so when it's 3 today I can pick up Ben and we can just play...  
       
Yesterday when I was at school helping with Mrs. Wittenburg's 2nd grade class the school in the afternoon had a 1/2 hour reading session.. Grades pre-school to 5th grade all came into the gym and sat down in groups and read ~ some to each other and some alone.. I took a chair down to the gym and Ben sat on my lap and read to me.. Then he went to his room and got my Thanksgiving present he made for me.. It says all the things he is thankful for.. I was honored and I told him how proud I was of him making this for me.. He took a picture of me (I need a haircut so bad)..It was a good time and I just love to hear him read.. He doesn't hesitate at all when reading and it just amazes me at 1st grade he can read those big hard words that some of the 2nd graders stumble on or need help... 
Guess I best get busy with the pies and packing.. You all have a great Thanksgiving~!  It's the time of year to be Thankful~!  ta ta for now from Iowa:)

3 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

We haven't done Monopoly yet, but we've been playing Life lately. Pierce loves it!

The thankful card is excellent!

Carolina Trekker said...

Happy Thanksgiving...I love what Ben made for you..sweet seeing him holding it. Enjoy Thanksgiving in Barring
ton!

Carolina Trekker said...

Whatever ya do...don't get a hair cut at Super Cuts in Barrington...if you do, learn some Spanish! :-)