Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Hogs Have Arrived~!

This morning the sun is shining very bright and the snow is shining on the grass like small gems..The bluejays showed up this morning as usual and are hogging the food at the feeder.. They are so bright and blue with the sun shining on them brightly.  It snowed yesterday, just enough to stick to the grass and shine brightly this morning.. I can hear people moaning about this snow.. It's actually something that is suppose to happen here in Iowa..That is why sometimes Iowa is referred as the 5 seasons state.. We get Spring,Summer,Fall, WInter and then  sometimes Indian Summer... I love Iowa because of the seasons and the texture of the land.. Our neighbors are 1/4 mile away from my home in all directions.. Our school system that is near is only 350 students from K-12 grade.. We have 8 man football which this year almost got to go to state..Our Volleyball girls are having their first try at state Wednesday evening.. in downtown Cedar Rapids... Go Orioles~!Today is Ben's 7th Birthday~!  I will be seeing him at lunch today as I will be at school helping with the 2nd graders.  This computer this morning is going Whak-oo.. Underlining everything I tried to correct it but -. Oh well, I have no time to fiqure it out and it well just have to be what it's going to be.  I can hardly wait to see Ben at lunch.. I bought a cupcake for him and I'm going to sing to him, softly.. Wouldn't want to embarass him.. Lol...He is with his Dad this week and I haven't seen him since Friday. I'm sure his Dad and family have birthday plans this evening.  Tracie (Ben's mom) and I are planning on Saturday to have a big party for him.. Cake ice cream presents and all the exitement that goes with him turning 7.  It was 14 degrees this morning a little crisp....sun was shining and everything is O.K. and normal for Iowa.. If your day starts out with a moan or groan because of what you see outside.. just look at the bright side of life and make it into lemonade...smile  and look at the bright side of life..take a deep sigh  and start thanking God for all the blessings he has given you daily, every minute,every second and soon and very soon your gloom will bloom into a very happy productive day.. Turn the radio on  (only Christian music here)  and listen to the praise music.. and sing along with the songs you know.. Life is Good~! I just praise God and thank him for every blessing he has given to me..   Have a Tiggeriffic Day~! ta ta for now from Iowa:)

6 comments:

DeniseinVA said...

Such a lovely upbeat post to start the day with :). I enjoyed reading it. Thanks for visiting and telling me about the Flying Tigers. I will look them up today. Have a great week!

jp@A Green Ridge said...

I cannot believe Ben is seven, Annie!!!! And as for snow, we had a little this morning and I was tickled! Although I am not fond of Blue jays! they stop here occasionally too but they are just so bossy and pushy around more timid birds!!!...:)JP

DeniseinVA said...

I am back to thank you for stopping by and telling me about your trip to the beach. It was fun to read and I wish I could have seen the look on those kids faces when you brought those treasures out. Have a great day :)

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Happy birthday to Ben!! I hope he had a great day.

Chesapeake Bay Woman said...

Brrrr. That sounds cold, but without the cold we don't appreciate the warmth.

Happy birthday to Ben.

Unknown said...

I hope Ben had wonderful birthday! I am so glad you were able to go to school and celebrate with him.