Thursday, January 20, 2005

Turkey Attack

This morning as I was going into town on the edge Whittier, south of my house there were 5 turkeys standing in the middle of the road. I slowed way down and then saw that they were not getting off the road. So I stopped. The turkeys stretched up their necks very high and then continued to charge my truck. They were gobbling thier head off. I just laughed and thought O.K. turkeys I think I'm bigger than you. So I revved up the engine thinking that would make them move. They just stood their ground. I then honked the horn and one by one they walked off the road and into the field. I just laughed, this had never happened to me. Well, when I got through Whittier I turned left and headed West.. There was Jake the pet wild turkey that lives on this side of town. He was standing in the middle of the road. I slowed down and thought I would pass on the left side of him. He moved over to the left side of the road. I came to a complete stop. Jake then preceded to make his neck raise high and tall and his was gobbling at me and charging the truck.. I laughed and revved up my engine. He stood his ground. So I honked and he moved to the right hand side of the road and I passed by him while he chewed me out. I must say I was so surprised. These turkeys must know that Thanksgiving is over and they are free to do whatever they want and have no fear for their lives anymore. What a morning to get through Whittier. I just chuckled.

No comments: