Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Fathers Day~!

This is my hubby, Dave on the left and his twin brother on the right. Don lives in Pa and over Memorial day he came to visit us.. It was fun to have Don here to visit with Dave. They were busy each day, golfing, going out to breakfast, riding around the countryside of Iowa and just having a great time being with each other. As you see them standing here , this is how they walk down the street together , stand together , if they are sitting on a couch Don is always on this side. If one of them is really ill ~ one will know this and call , sure enough something is going on with their health. Or if they are trying to call each other and the line is busy, it's usually because they are trying to call each other at the same time.. Twins are so funny in the way they are connected, so in tune with each other.
So Happy Fathers Day boys.. Dave in Iowa and Don in Pennsylvania..:)


The sun was setting and the clouds were so big and so colorful. This is looking Northeast from my house. I can remember when I was a little girl, my sister, Lynn and I would lay out in the yard and look at the clouds. Those clouds actually were in formations of dogs, cats and all kinds of things. Those were the days.
Happy Fathers Day to all the Dad's today.. My Dad has been gone for 15 years now and I miss him. He would of been 104 this year. But I have a lot of grand memories. My Dad was so happy and had a great positive attitude. He passed on the "You Can DO IT~! challenge to his children and onto the grandchildren. My Dad was a great encourager. When the Seigfreids got together they were all a bunch of happy relatives. Have you ever read the book called "The Relatives Are Coming".. It's a children's book. That book always reminds me of when we went to Marion, Ohio to visit Gramma Seigfreid and all the relatives.. Lots of hugs ~kisses and how you doin~! When we went to bed at night we could always hear the train whistle blowing in the distance. Gramma was always there to tuck us in, give us kisses and help us say our prayers. She was a godly woman. She loved us so much.. I miss her too. But thank goodness we have wonderful memories to draw back on and it makes me sometimes laugh out loud but mostly smile.
Have a Tiggeriffic Day~!~! ta ta for now from Iowa:)

8 comments:

Lisa @ Two Bears Farm said...

Great picture! And a sweet tribute to your father as well.

jp@A Green Ridge said...

That's so refreshing to hear that they get along so well. SO many families don't which just blows my mind!...:)JP

Jill said...

I love the twins "thing!" I always wondered if things like that were true. Greetings from your newest follower!

~Kim at Golden Pines~ said...

What a lovely post and tribute on a day that many of us are remembering our Dad's that have passed!

JSpeas said...

Happy Father's Day Dad!!! Enjoyed the picture and I love the new pictures of Bennie. What a fun day he had at the gas engine show.

Matt Ray said...

It was great seeing you today and having breakfast with Dave.

gld said...

What a great tribute to your family.

You were very fortunate to have that kind of family. Others aren't nearly that lucky! You know you were blessed,right?

John Going Gently said...

I have a twin sister
you wouldnt believe how many people ask if we are identicle