Monday, September 05, 2011

Love you to the moon and back~!

        I woke up at 11:30 p.m. and came downstairs to use the bathroom.. I looked out the window and oh my goodness ~ What a breath taking view there was out there. The moon was just a glow.. My grandchildren from Illinois used to tell me they loved me to the moon and back.. now that is a lot of love.  I love the book Goodnight Moon, such love that is expressed in that book.  Of course I love the song Kim Hill sings that is on my play list "Up to the Moon".  But the best part is God created this Moon and He Loves Us So Much~!
From the very beginning of time this Moon has shined on us through all these many years,  men have walked on this moon.. I can remember being in 7th grade and the Science teacher telling the future of men going into space.. Allen Shepard being the first astronaut going into space and then coming back to earth.. What an experience that would of been to see the whole world from way out there.  God was present everywhere one would look~spectacular ~ awesome~and downright breath taking~!
My Science teacher told us that this was just the beginning, that man would land on the moon someday.. I thought at that time "No Way".. "Impossible"...but when it happened and I was glued to the TV to watch the moment many years later ~ at age 39 Neil Armstrong on July 20,1969, (he is now 81) took the first step on the moon with the statement "That's one small step for man; one giant leap for mankind.."  (He really meant to say "That's one small step for "a" man; one giant leap for mankind")  In all his excitement he forgot the word a. This still remains to be one of the World's most famous sentences.  Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldin spent 2 1/2 hours exploring the moon, taking samples to bring back to earth.  While Michael Collins commanded the Apollo 11 ship and kept it in orbit.  That to me would be a leap of faith to land on the moon and know ~ your way to get back to earth is going around the earth in orbit..,trusting that it will all work out and you get back on the ship and get to go back home. I can remember Neil and Buzz jumping up and down on the moon looking like kangaroos, or hitting a golf ball into space with a golf club.  I got teary eyed when I saw the United States flag being put into the soil of the moon and left to fly there forever. It's a moment in time that will always be with me and remain in my memories of one small step for man ; one giant leap for mankind.
         The stars were out so bright last night, I just sat in my reclining lawn chair and looked up into the sky and prayed to God and thanked him for such awesome beauty .Living in the country has it's advantages, the stars are so bright.  I found all my favorite constantants and there was the planet Venus shining so brilliant in the sky.. Venus is like a good friend you can count on being able to see and being right where you think it should be in this September night sky. I could of stayed out there all night but decided I best get back to bed.   Hope someone besides me here in blog land saw the moon last night.  To me it was a God moment and and time to say ~ "Thanks be to God ".                                                                                                                                      Have a Tiggeriffic Blessed Day~! ta ta for now from Iowa:)

3 comments:

jp@A Green Ridge said...

There are more "thank you God" moments for me than you think!...:)JP

Laura~peach~ said...

beautiful! ;)

JSpeas said...

Beautiful pictures of the moon. Thanks for posting them.